March 02, 2012

Day 93 - the Lorax

After having so much fun painting my Grinch design at Christmas I knew there would be more Dr. Seuss in my future. Of course when I saw the commercial for The Lorax I instantly knew there would have to be some nails done. The colors are just so adorable how could I resist!

I find the problem with doing nails based on animated movies now verses before, is that they are the are so detailed you don't really get crisp lines you would get in the hand drawn days. I wanted to stay away from the book and paint it closer to the movie but I found I had to go in with the black and do some outlining to make the images pop. The trees and Lorax were painted using blended acrylic craft paints. the only nail art paint used was the black. The polish is pretty much turned out non existent as I sponged paint over it to make it look like sky. I must say I am pretty happy with how these turned out, I don't love them like I did the Grinch nails but I definitely like them!


Polish: China Glaze Kinetic Candy

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic job!! My daughter and granddaughter are going to see this movie!!!

    ReplyDelete