March 01, 2012

Day 92 - Spring Water Marble

 I finally did it!! This is my first successful attempt at water marbling, I have tried numerous times and I have no idea why I am so useless at it. I'm not sure if the temperature of my water is off or I am too slow but I find the polish does not pull properly once I get all my colors down. I follow lots of different nail art blogs and they all do fantastic marbled nails, if any of you are reading this please please let me know if you have any tips or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!!

For those of you who have not tried it you are probably better off watching a YouTube tutorial on it. But the general idea is; you start with a selection of two or more nail polish colors, have all the lids twisted off and you drop the polish into the center of a bowl of room temperature water. Each time a polish hits the water it disperses leaving a ring, once you have numerous rings inside of each other like a bulls eye you use a orange wood stick or another tool to drag the colors into a pattern. There is one thing I will warn you! I watched numerous videos on this all saying you should cover your cuticles with either tape or at least cuticle oil, I of coarse did not and by the end I was rainbow swirled up to the knuckles. definitely learnt my lesson on that one! it was a huge pain to remove and every little crease in my finger was stained


Polish:  China Glaze kinetic candy & Dance Baby, Avon Blue Escape and OPI kiss me on my tulips, with a coat of teenage dream on top

1 comment:

  1. I’ve featured your beautiful nail art design on my recent post “50+ Spring & Easter Nail Art Ideas & Inspiration” here:
    http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/2012/03/50-spring-easter-nail-art-ideas.html

    I can’t wait to see what you make next! If you create any more looks like this that you think fall into the Spring and or Easter category, post links on my Facebook wall or comment on the post and I’ll add them and the links in the post! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete