March 30, 2012

Day 121 - Distressed Denim

When I got my nail studs I thought the gold ones looked a lot like the studs on jeans which gave me the inspiration for today's the denim french.

This design is actually really easy. I started by painting the nails french with a dark blue polish, once that was dry I used my finger to apply the lighter polish on top. I found my fingerprint made a better jean texture than using a sponge so I just dropped a little polish on to a paper plate and pressed my finger into it and then rolled it over the nails. The odd area that went a little too light I had to go over a second time using the base color instead. For the rips in the jeans I used an acrylic paint close to my skin tone and painted random patches on the nails. With white paint I used a small paint brush to add some texture around the hole and painted individual strings going across with a striping brush. To finish off the design I used a gold paint to add the stitching along the french line and added the gold stud to the corner of each nail. To be honest I'm not even sure if I like these nails but I did accomplish what I was going for so that makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I love that you did stitching and rivets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE this look! Such a great idea! You did such a fantastic job, it looks just like denim. I like the little touches of rhinestones too!

    ReplyDelete