March 24, 2012

Day 115 - Spring Has Sprung

I found this adorable floral fabric swatch and had to give it a try on my nails. I picked up a polish last week that was perfect for this design! It's one from the Capital Collection for The Hunger Games and It's actually quite pretty for a polish that typically is not my style. It's a creamy brownish mauve color with a high gloss, I was pleasantly surprised that it looked good against my skin tone.

 The fabric (pictured below) has more brown tones in it, I wanted to go with some soft pastel tones to make it a little more fun! Using my nail art paints I painted the flowers alternating between the four colors. With the glossy polish and patent leather top coat this design was really hard to photograph without a glare, but in person I think it looks pretty good! slightly like old lady wallpaper but still very pretty.


Polish: China Glaze Dress me up

No comments:

Post a Comment