March 22, 2012

Day 113 - Hunger Games

With the midnight release of the movie tonight, I wanted to paint this design. I will start off by saying I honestly have not read the books nor do I have any intention to go to the movie, but because everyone else seems to be so hyped about, I had to do it.

I always find it very challenging  to paint anything that has a huge following, The die hard fans now every little detail and you don't want to let them down. What I decided to do (and please let me know if I did anything wrong) was start off with the book cover, I painted the circular designs using a silver Instant Artist paint and I painted the logo for the first book on the ring finger with a few different shades of yellow and gold. To finish off the book part of the design I painted in the title attempting at painting it with the same font, I'm just glad it all fit! I saw the trailer for the movie and it had flames around the logo so I decided to paint some in along the tip of the nail. Finally I painted the number 12 on the ring finger because it bugged me that there was only white on the thumb. The polish is one from the Hunger Games collection, It's a gorgeous Charcoal matte color that reminds me of granite, It actually made me sad to top coat it because the color is so awesome on its own, but I had to in order to make the nail art look good. Overall I am super happy with these and I really hope the fans out there will approve!


Polish: China Glaze Stone Cold

2 comments:

  1. Ya, Ya, Ya, I just knew it. I was waiting for your Humger Game Nails. I really didn't think you would miss this. I love your challenge ( everyday ) I don't know how you do it. I admire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I hope everything is acurate! I have not read the books or seen the movie

    ReplyDelete