March 13, 2012

Day 104 - Silver Lining

I've been in a bit of a slump lately and I am 100% blaming it on the weather, for those of you not located in the Vancouver area you are not missing out with the crazy weather we have had. It's been cold, rainy, with wind storms and even snow in some areas, I am just sooo ready for sun!! But the silver lining is what inspired me to do this design, Spring is only one week away and with the time change we have gained a whole hour of daylight, this always makes me feel so much better! There is nothing better than coming home from work and it is still light out, I just feel so much more motivated!

This design is really easy, all I did was paint the shape of the clouds with a hot blue Instant Artist paint after that was dry I copied the line of the dark blue cloud with my light blue polish CG kinetic candy creating another cloud inside the first one. To make the clouds stand out I outlined them with the platinum striping paint, I then painted in the bright yellow sun to finish it off. These nails are not my favorite but I do enjoy the bright cheery design and its as good as I am going to get until the real sun comes.

Polish: China Glaze Electric Beat

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Just wanted to let you know I featured this nail art design on my Top Summer Ideas & Inspiration list on my blog “The Sparkle Queen” with my followers! I hope you check it out! I am constantly updating this list as well (and starting lists for future posts!), so if you create any designs you would like featured on this post, or more in the future, make sure to send me the links! Have a fantastic day! <3 The Sparkle Queen @ http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    PS: I also have an image ESPECIALLY for people who have been featured to share! Grab it from my “Featuring and Sharing” Page.

    ReplyDelete