March 11, 2012

Day 102 - Legend of Zelda

I have wanted to do this nail design for the longest time and today I decided to give it a try. I love the Legend of Zelda and have spent way too many hours of my life playing the different games. These nails are based on the Ocarina of Time (my favorite game) which came out in 98. It was the first 3D game out of the series and I could not get enough of it. Majority of my grade 8 year was spent playing this game

I started the design by drawing out the basic shapes with a black instant artist paint, this paint goes on matte which worked perfect as I was painting on a black polish that stays shinny. With this contrast I was able to see the lines clearly but they would disappear as soon as the top coat went on the covering up any corrections I had made. After I had adjusted my lines and was happy with the pictures I colored them in and added the details using acrylic craft paint. I am super happy with these nails, it was a bit of a pain trying to line up the sword for the photo but other than that no complaints, I love them!!


Polish: China Glaze Liquid Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment