March 10, 2012

Day 101 - Ruffled Feathers

It;s quite bizarre where I get my inspiration sometimes, today's post was inspired by some throw pillows I saw on pinterest. I just loved the print and color combo so much I had to put it on my nails. I attached a picture for you to see...

I like doing prints like this (especially animal prints) where my brush strokes to not have to be completely accurate where in fact the more random the better it just makes the design look more detailed. This one was really easy, if you like it definitely give it a shot. All I did was start at the top of the feather painting the almond like shape with the stem of the feather coming down with a slight curve. After that I took the striping paint and and with outward flicks I just let the brush go where it wanted not caring if the lines overlapped. For more definition I went in with my silver paint and added in some finer lines giving the feather a more ruffled look. To finish it off I added color to the tip of the feather and went over it in a high gloss top coat to make it really pop.




Polish: OPI Skull and Glossbones

4 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly cute!

    http://xminted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning design! When I have the time (and patience!) I would definitely like to try this one out myself :)

    Would be great if you could check out my blog, and maybe also follow back? :)
    www.thehonest-type.blogspot.co.uk

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. PARABENS PELO BLOG! JÁ ESTOU TE SEGUINDO... SE PUDER RETRIBUIR, FICAREI MUITO GRATA!

    www.lupapodemulher.com.br
    www.lupapodeblog.com.br

    ReplyDelete