March 09, 2012

Day 100 - Strawberry Shortcake

I cant believe I have already hit 100 designs, something that seemed so impossible at first is just flying by! Thank you for those of you who continue to check my blog and I always love your wonderful comments!

Todays design is inspired by my niece Alyson, she turned 4 today and just loves Strawberry Shortcake. For the party on sunday I am making her a Strawberry Shortcake cake and cupcakes and so I figured I might as well do nails to match. For the most part I kept them pretty simple, I painted the french to match her hat in a soft pink with the fuschia colored seeds. I then added a green and white stripe to match her leggings, I still felt like it needed a bit more so I painted in the strawberries. On the ring finger was my attempt to paint Strawberry Shortcake herself, the nail was slightly too small to fit everything in but I think it turned out alright. She has a wider face so it was a bit tricky to get the proportions right.

 I also must add I am amazed at how far she has come over the years. I loved Strawberry Shortcake as a child but I always new her as the red headed doll with the mom haircut and granny clothes, now she is quite cute!!


Above with flash (makes the polish a little too bright but better detail)                          Below is without flash

Polish: China Glaze Dance Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment