February 29, 2012

Day 91 - Leap Year Frogs

For the leap year I just had to paint these adorable red eyed tree fogs. When I think of the word Leap the first thing that pops into my head was frogs and these specific frogs are definitely the cutest. I find it amazing how many bright colors fit on such a tiny animal.

I started off with a green polish and then to give it more of a leafy backround look, I sponged a forest green acrylic paint over the nail using a makeup sponge with the pointed edge ripped off for texture. I then painted in the frogs going off some images I pulled up on google. I started bu using the colored paints to block in the the basic shapes, after that I added in the shading and highlights and outlined with the black paint. To finish of the design I added in some leaves to fill up the open spaces


Polish: Gaga For Green

2 comments: