February 26, 2012

Day 88 - A Celebration of Film

I worked later tonight than I usually would on a Sunday so as soon as I was off I rushed home to watch my recording of the Academy Awards. During this time I was also frantically painting my nails for my blog post for today. As you can see I did not have to look far for inspiration. I love awards shows so I thought why not do some Oscar nails?

For the base I pressed loose gold glitter into the black polish while it was still slightly wet. I just love how these two colors look together, such a great combo! Next step I painted the film strip flowing through the nails, this was done using my black and white instant artist paints. When painting the Oscar I unfortunately had to use gold glitter because I forgot my flat gold at the salon. I think If I would of had the gold paint I wanted it probably would have turned out better, but with the black and white detail you can still tell what it is so I'm not overly disappointed. I think the Academy Awards were great this year and had a fun time doing the nails


Polish: China Glaze Liquid Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment