February 24, 2012

Day 86 - Alien Encounter

 Today I started off with no plan at all, all I knew was that I wanted to use my magnetic polish and instead of painting it the usual way I wanted to use different magnetic patterns overlapping on the nails. The china glaze magnetixs collection has a magnet with three designs on it, I used the star and the diagonal line patterns and used the magnet about 3-4 times per nail, I did this by painting small areas at a time. Once the base was complete the first thing that popped into my head was UFO. The polish has a metallic look to it and the star pattern looked kinda like parts of a spaceship, and to be honest I have just developed a major alien obsession over the last little while (I know I am a major nerd!) My husband and I have started watching Ancient Aliens and cannot get enough of it. Tonight is the new episode so I guess that was on my mind when I was painting these, lol!

I started the nail art by painting the outline of all the shapes with a black striping paint (UFO, alien, moon & trees) after that I colored them in and added details. For the light beam I stippled on the paint using a makeup sponge because I wanted a translucent look to it, after that I painted some vertical lines over it in the blue and silver. To finish the nails I added some small star clusters for extra detail



Polish: China Glaze Pull Me Close with a coat of holographic top coat

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I used to be so scared of aliens! Yet, I love this! You should make the beam glow in the dark. This is a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I totally should have!! I have the China Glaze glow in the dark paint too and never use it!

      Delete