February 22, 2012

Day 84 - Dior

These nails are inspired by a Christian Dior dress from the spring 2012 collection. while browsing some fashion websites I came across the dress and thought it was super cute, and it would be cute on nails. I then logged into pinterest and there it was, one of the first pins to pop up. I thought it must be sign.

I have attached a couple pictures of the dress below, where you can see the dress with a stripe of odd shaped boxes in red, silver and golds. I wanted to mimic this design on the nails, I started off by painting in the colored boxes on top of the black nail polish, I decided not to keep it symmetrical so I painted the stripe at different angles and sides of the nails. After all the boxes were complete, I went in with a black striping paint and cleaned up the lines



Polish: China Glaze Liquid Leather

2 comments:

  1. I like the nails even more than the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep the nails are so much better! I love this design a lot!

    ReplyDelete