February 09, 2012

Day 71 - Pepé Le Pew & Penelope Pussycat

For today's design I wanted to paint a cartoon character, I thought about it for quite awhile and when I was thinking of romance and love only one character popped in mind, Pepé Le Pew. He  has always been one of my favorite cartoon characters, I use to love watching Looney Tunes on the weekends as a child and still to this day if I'm flicking through the channels and see it on I have to stop.

In order to paint Pepé Le Pew and Penelope I had too find some pictures on Google images, once I found what I was looking for I started painting. I started off with Pepé Le Pew and it took a few adjustments but I am very happy with how he turned out. Penelope Pussycat was a little trickier, on the black parts her features are drawn in white which I found a bit difficult for some reason. On the remaining three fingers I painted in little Pepé Le Pew quotes, for these I painted all the words in thick black font and when that dried I painted the white inside part to achieve an outlined look. I am super pleased with this design, I love the super sparkly red with the black and white contrast. These nails were a ton of fun to do!


Above is with flash, below without


Polish: Cina Glaze Ring in the Red

5 comments:

  1. I love what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the awesome works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.

    My web blog :: mexican restaurants

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want to say great blog! I had a quick question
    which I'd like to ask if you don't mind. I was interested
    to know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing.

    I have had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my
    thoughts out. I truly do enjoy writing however
    it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually wasted simply just trying to figure out how to
    begin. Any recommendations or tips? Kudos!

    My weblog :: mexican food restaurants

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very soon this website will be famous amid all blogging
    people, due to it's fastidious articles

    my web blog ... acne scars

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so awesome! I don't think I have read anything like this before. So great to discover somebody with a few original thoughts on this issue. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that's
    needed on the internet, someone with some originality!



    my website: tenerifico.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoah this blog is excellent i love studying
    your articles. Stay up the great work! You already know, many persons are searching
    around for this information, you could help them greatly.


    Feel free to surf to my weblog - free games online *thehotline.conceptproductionz.com*

    ReplyDelete