February 02, 2012

Day 64 - Wearing your Heart on your Nails

I painted this design on my client yesterday and I really like it, the design is clean and simple but also very bold. I love how the white hearts pop against the red and black.

For this design I started by painting a fade using two shades of Gelish gel nail polish, I found that with just two colors it looked more like a french so to help the colors blend I pressed some loose red sparkles into the fade line. For the hearts I painted them in white first and then outlined them with a black striping paint. To finish it off I painted the black dots diagonally up the nails, once dry I painted a smaller white dot on top so it appeared to be outlined as well.


Polish: Nail Harmony Gelish in Good Gossip and June Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment