January 23, 2012

Day 54 - Chinese New Year

Happy New Year!! to all my Chinese friends, clients and blog followers. I wish you all happiness and good fortune in 2012!

I am not going to lie when I found out it was the year of the dragon it made me very nervous, I had no idea how I was going to pull this one off. But I always love a challenge so I took to Google images and searched forever for some usable dragon pictures. After saving three to my iPhone for inspiration I knew I wanted to paint a red and yellow dragon wrapping around the nails but I wanted to paint in some of the red oval lanterns as well. In order to fit everything I alternated where I painted the dragons body from top to bottom. this entire design was painted Orly instant artist striping paints which are my favorite!!

After all that,  In the end I worried for nothing. I could not be happier with how these turned out and my client is beyond delighted with her nails.



Polish; China Glaze Thunderbird

3 comments:

  1. Jessica THESE ARE AMAZING! I've seen a few Chinese New Year mani's popping up but these are the best I've seen! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so artistically amazing!

    ReplyDelete