January 15, 2012

Day 46 - Snow Day

We have finally had our first snowfall so I wanted to do one last set of snowflake nails. Sundays and Mondays are my days off and we are expecting more snow to come so I am pretty excited to have a snow day, lounging around the house and getting a lot of blogging done. I use to love snow days as a kid, waking up and seeing the neighborhood covered in snow and waiting to hear if school would be cancel, it was the best. Unfortunately in adult life we dont get to cancel a day of work, but either way I'm off and I am going to enjoy it. When we get a light dusting of snow it really makes me appreciate this beautiful city I live in, all the surrounding mountains really pop out and look absolutely gorgeous. With that said I hope this weather is very short lived preferably gone by tuesday, weare not very good with handling large amounts of snow, more than a few inches the roads turn into a major nightmare! I'm equally at fault with the rest of the bad drivers out there, I go into pure panic mode.

Well now onto the nails because thats what I am suppost to be talking about... lol! I have had this color for a month now (It's from the Eye Candy 3D Glitter collection) and I absolutely love it. The glitter is fantastic but I have struggled to use it with nail art,  I find it looks too busy and the glitter gets lost. So I decided to paint one large snowflake on each nail, I used a black instant artist paint and then went over with a blue glitter paint so it worked with the nail polish. To finish it off I put a large blue crystal in the center of each snowflake. Pretty simple!



Polish: China Glaze Lorileis Tiara

No comments:

Post a Comment